About Me

47 years young happily married mom to four... Two girls from first marriage ages 20 and 23 ! and two little ones ages 4 and 6 yrs old that keep me pretty busy

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Someone special to me has died ....

My aunt Arlene - the remaining link to that generation on my mother's side - died on Monday night.
She was diagnosed with spinal cancer just three weeks ago and was given up to a year to live... Her children, God bless them, took her from the nursing home (a short stop after she was hospitalized following a stroke) because they thought they could care for her better... and they sure did... Brian, Bobby, Danny, Susan and Arlene your mom loved you all so much. Although we lost touch over the years, you've never left my fond memories of our childhood mischief days.

Remember the little toads we put in the Dairy Cream ice cream holder and they all jumped out and got underneath the linoleum, the carpets and every other little crevace of your house? I'll never forget how mad your mom was, but it still was funny and I've never forgotten it...

Uncle Danny - rest his soul - must be so happy to have his loving wife at his side again.
I hear that Mom, Nana and Gramps were all there to take your mom with them to the light. What a wonderful, pain-free, peaceful life they are living together again.

Can you just hear those cards shuffling? I know they are all playing penny poka and other card games 'round the clock... I can almost hear the chatter at the table... Butch, Uncle Jimmy, Uncle Tommy - the whole gang...

Rest in peace all of you - We shall be together again someday... Save me a seat at the table.

7 comments:

Liz said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. Hugs!

Special K said...

That was so sweet Cindy...Hugs.

Angela said...

Sweet memories, I am so sorry about your aunt. P&PT for you and your family.

Doodlebugs' Mama said...

I'm sorry to hear of your family's loss. My heart and prayers to you all. (((Hugs)))

~ cyndyann ~ said...

Thank you so much ladies ...

Anonymous said...

((((hugs))))...what a nice tribute

lachen said...

Oh sweetie - I LOVE your sweet way of caring for your aunt, even in death. And I loved the hope and peace in your words, "and set me a place at the table".

AMEN.