About Me

47 years young happily married mom to four... Two girls from first marriage ages 20 and 23 ! and two little ones ages 4 and 6 yrs old that keep me pretty busy

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Walt Disney - CARS



We took the kids to see this yesterday and it really was worth every second of the two hours we spent in the theater! The kids were riveted to the screen the whole time. Little Man was hooting and hollering with excitement, but did get a little scared with the tractor-tipping scene when the harvester came out and did the chase through the fields.

Not once did the kids get out of their seats - not once did they ask to go to the bathroom or go out to get a drink or a snack - nothing! I was truly amazed!

It's a great movie - okay I will admit that I fell asleep for about 15 to 20 minutes somewhere in the middle of the show, but Papa was there to watch over the kids and you don't put a tired momma in a dark theater in a comfy chair and expect her to stay awake the whole time - you just don't!

This movie is definitely on our "to buy" list when it is released on DVD.
Go see it! It's very well done and your kids will love it!

~Hagatha

4 comments:

Angela said...

I took the boys on the Firday it openined and we all loved it. I would see it again and can't wait to get the DVD. I liked the cars spoof on old pixar movies at the end, that was cute. I don't know that it was so good they need to be promoting it over a year ago but it was really cute.

Angela said...

oh yeah and I had to tell you I nodded off too and it was just me with the boys. I had been exhausted and it was my first time juggling a job outside the house and the kids while Dave was out of town and I nodded with Que sitting in my lap, too funny you did too.

~ cyndyann ~ said...

We all enjoyed the spoof at the end of the movie too ... they were hilarious weren't they ...

They did kind of overkill the promoting didn't they ... They had all the Cars products out months before the movie was released. When I saw that I was thinking I wouldn't buy any of it until I saw the movie and why would anyone else? strange ...

nodding off in the movies is becoming my thing ... DH and I had a date to see Divinci Code this week and I started to nod off once ... I caught myself though because I didn't want to miss a thing ... I nearly peed my pants too from the large diet coke I drank because I didn't want to miss any of the movie - was I ever glad when it ended! lol

lachen said...

Loved it!! But then got so excited that we tried to take the kids to see it AGAIN within a week. Yeah, live and learn...

Fabulous movie with a great ethic and story!