About Me

47 years young happily married mom to four... Two girls from first marriage ages 20 and 23 ! and two little ones ages 4 and 6 yrs old that keep me pretty busy

Monday, March 05, 2007

Good Ol' USA Food

So we're having this struggle with our little Man in the eating department. Everything is "yucky" and he yells "I don't like meat!" whenever it's suggested ... He will devour a full box of yogurt tubes, drink drinkable yogurt (secret ingredient is cereal they now add, but don't tell him!) an apple or two on occasion and baguettes any time... He eats tacos (I bake them with the meat inside) with just lettuce on them, dry cereal, cereal bars or cinnamon toast for breakfast and that's about it.

I was making taco's AGAIN the other day (I swear we are going to start looking Mexican and speaking Spanish if we continue eating these so often!) and I asked him if he wanted cheese on it (I always ask, he always says no). Today, because the cheese was in a different package (we shopped at a different grocery store), he asked if it was from the US. Crossing my fingers behind my back, I said YES... He ate every smidge of his usual 3 tacos WITH cheese this time. HA!

Today I made him a hotdog in a roll. He used to love these, then realized it was meat and we all know he doesn't eat meat. (Shhhhhhhh! He still doesn't know tacos have meat in them!) So he said he didn't want it. I told him it was hot dogs from the US ... Guess what! HE ATE EVERY BIT OF IT

So this week I will buy more new things in different packaging, get my permanent marker and put USA on the package somewhere cuz he’s a smart little guy and may start asking questions... I'm thinking this is going to be a good week for us.

Worth a try, right?

No comments: